COVID-19 Second Lockdown – Keeping our Customers and Employees Safe – updated 03 November 2020
Maintaining our services during Second Lockdown
The Government recognises that the Heating and Hot Water Industry enables essential services and is an integral part of the UK’s response to Coronavirus. As a business delivering essential services in the heating and plumbing sector, we are classed as key workers.
Therefore, essential repairs and maintenance (including service) of heating and plumbing appliances is allowed and our engineers are able to continue to carry out this type of work in homes during this second lockdown.
We are therefore pleased to confirm that we can carry out heating and plumbing repairs, maintenance and servicing to ensure the continued safe and reliable operation of heating and hot water systems.
This includes part replacement and boiler replacement where the appliance is deemed to be beyond economical repair.
We will of course adhere to Covid-19 secure and safe working guidelines.
We understand these are difficult times.
Our engineers follow stringent health, safety and hygiene procedures at all times. We are taking steps to take ensure that we are minimising the risks and protecting our customers and our workforce from the spread of Coronavirus.
When requesting a visit please inform us if you or a member of your household are currently self isolating or shielding, or are currently infected with Coronavirus.
We will assess each situation on a case by case basis, prioritising our most vulnerable customers first.
Our Engineers follow stringent health, safety and hygiene procedures at all times and we kindly ask that you take a moment to familiarise yourself with the steps we will be taking when visiting your property to ensure that we are minimising the risks and protecting our customers and our workforce from the spread of Coronavirus.
- Engineers will immediately self-isolate if they display any Coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- Please maintain a 2-metre safe distance at all times whilst our Engineers are carrying out their duties at your property
- Stay in another room where possible, but keep internal doors open to avoid our Engineers having to touch door handles
- All of our engineers carry personal protective equipment (PPE), including disposable gloves and shoe covers
- Our Engineers have been instructed to wash their hands thoroughly before and after carrying out any work at your property. We ask that you support them in being able to do this.
- All of our Engineers carry hand sanitiser and wipes and have been instructed to use this in addition to hand-washing or if hand-washing facilities are not available.
- To protect both yourself and our Engineers, we ask that you refrain from offering any handshakes or providing any refreshments
- Please wipe down/disinfect any work areas before and after visits
If you have any questions, worries or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact us. Our friendly office staff are on hand to answer your questions and discuss any particular needs.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Stay Safe and best wishes from all the team at Acorn.