What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors request contact via this website or via telephone, we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We utilise Google Analytics to monitor website usage and traffic sources. Data collected, processed, and stored using Google Analytics (“Google Analytics data”) is secure and kept confidential. No personal data is collected, and data is not shared with any other Google services related to advertising, marketing or any other services. To our best knowledge, Google are GDPR compliant as a data handler. Any data stored is kept only for 14 months.
Who we share your data with
We do not share any data with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you contact us either via the website, via phone or email, your contact details may be retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise any previous clients and speed up our service management.
What rights you have over your data
Your rights arising under Data Protection Legislation include:
- The right to be informed of how your Personal Data is used (through this notice);
- The right to access any personal data held about you;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
- The right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you;
- The right to erasure where it cannot be justified that the information held satisfies any of the criteria outlined in this policy, or where you have withdrawn consent;
- The right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes, scientific/historical research or in any such way that is likely to cause substantial damage to you or another, including through profile building;
- The right to object to processing that results in decisions being made about you by automated processes and prevent those decisions being enacted.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we store your data
Visitor contact data may be checked through an automated spam detection service. When you request a quotation for services from us or enter into a contract with us, the personal data that we collect from you in order to carry out these services, are securely stored within our order management software “Commusoft”. Data regarding site visits and gas appliances are also stored within this secure cloud environment.
How we protect your data
All electronic data is stored digitally via our EU cloud based service providers and is protected via industry standard encryption. Paper-based data may be stored at our registered and/or trading address and is always stored securely, in a locked cabinet.
Our contact information
If you have any concerns, requests or queries regarding data management & security please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on your rights under current Data Protection Legislation can be found at https://ico.org.uk/